Sunday, January 24, 2010

Butterflies

If I could lie here silently,
and close my eyes real tight
Everything upside down in my world
would suddenly be right.

I used to lie here quietly
listening to my heart within my chest
as it would whisper your name to me
and would ease my soul to rest.

Butterflies in my stomach
always would take flight
each time you kissed me
or were even just in sight.

Tonight as I lie here crying
wishing for MY Will
in a wave of saddness I realize
my heart is very still.

I cannot hear your name
whispered in my ears
but I can feel it leaving me
through the falling of my tears.

I can feel the bleeding,
the brokenness inside
the devestating sadness
as I lay alone a cry.

My heart and soul are broken
they cry out and they bleed
The butterflies in my stomach
have finally been freed.

No comments:

Post a Comment