Wednesday, November 26, 2003

CLOCK

For: Robert James Safford (my Bro-In-Law)
09/12/1972 - 12/08/2002

I thought of you today
the moment I opened my eyes.
At 8 o clock I thought of you
when I saw the crystal blue sky.
I kissed my childrens foreheads,
and gave them one from you.
I ate my lunch in silence today
because my heart was hungering too.
At half past two a tear drop fell;
that song had beautiful words.
Later on I stopped and stared,
was that your voice I'd heard?
I thought of you dinner time
and the hamburger story of old.
I laughed out loud to think of mom
knocking you out cold.
As I lay my head down at 10 o clock
to try to get some rest.
I realized you'd been right here with me
each beat within my chest.

The time is passing swiftly on
and I think of you each day
And in my prayers I utter
the things I never got to say.
I love you and I miss you, Rob,
my brother and my friend.
Please always stay right here with me
Till we're together in the end.
As the clock ticks ever onward,
and the time it speeds away;
There will not be a moment
That I won't think of you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment