Sunday, April 1, 2007

ADULTERY

My world has fallen around my feet
The sun has fallen dim.
I can’t remember who we were.
Anymore, I don’t know him.
I sit here and wish for silence
Because I can barely breathe.
I want him to hold me in his arms
I want him to pack up and leave.
My every breath is anguished
My heart bleeds with every beat.
I can’t feel anything anymore
I am numb from head to feet.
He says he doesn’t love me
Words that hurt my ears.
I wish he could taste my sorrow
I wish he could feel my tears.
I don’t know where I’m going,
I don’t know what to do.
He said he would forsake all others
And then he said “I do”.
He laid in someone else’s arms
He touched her on her skin
He tasted her lips and looked in her eyes
And then fell into a horrible sin.
I want to know her name
I want to know where and why
with his silence he protects his mistress
and his wife sits alone and cries.
Satan has driven a wedge
Deep down into his heart
He sits still not able to care
That our world is falling apart.
He took away my innocence
He’s thrown away my trust.
I built my world around him
Now he’s crumbled it to dust.
I plead for him with open arms
To work on it and stay
With dead eyes he looks at me
And turns and walks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment