Friday, April 6, 2007

BEGGING

I’m clinging to your pant leg
Begging you not to go;
The depth of my desperation
I am not afraid to show.
My tears feel so redundant,
I’ve cried them all before
My words are all regurgitated
As I kneel begging on the floor.
You pick me up and dust me off
And pat me on the head
And quietly, without feeling
Repeat the words you’ve said.
“I don’t love you anymore”
Like a serrated blade it tears.
I stand bleeding there before you
But you just don’t seem to care.

Please hit me, please punch me
Just knock me around
Please kick me, and pummel me
beat me to the ground
I welcome physical pain
I am dead inside
At least if I bleed
I know I’m alive.

You are so selfish
So self absorbed
You can’t just ruin one life
You have to ruin four.
You keep holding me
Giving me small glimmers of hope
You might as well tie a noose
And hand me the rope.
Don’t say that you’re sorry,
Don’t make me cry
I am so sick
Of your shameless lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment